A few days ago, we had our graduation meeting during the second half of Beaver Lodge, which meant you couldn’t leave… not that anyone does, I mean. In this meeting, we went over what the requirements were to graduate, the mandatory graduation walk throughs, senior breakfast, senior talent show etc. It’s crazy to think that there’s only a few days left in our senior year but it feel like this year just got started. Looking back on my four years here at Beaverton High, there are a lot of memories that I have made but I’ve shrunk the list to 5.
1. My first favorite memory at BHS isn’t quite a memory but just the relationships and friendships I have made in these 4 years. I’m thankful for the people that I have surrounded myself with because they are the reason why I’m the person I am today. It’s crazy to think that my first year here the majority of my friends didn’t know each other but we knew of each other. In these rollercoaster like years we’ve all grown so fond of each other and we are like one big family. I just love my friends and I can’t be thankful enough for all of the unforgettable moments and laughs they have brought. The fact that senior year is so close to coming to an end, it makes me want to cherish every moment and every conversation with them even more.
2. Basketball season… oh boy! This year if you didn’t know already, the boys’ basketball team had a very successful season. We made it all the way to the Chiles Center to compete in the state tournament, which was awesome! Being in the student section at Beaverton is unique. You will constantly hear other metro students talk about how they want our student body and fan base. We take a lot of pride in that. My favorite moment from the basketball season this year was Jam the Dam. This basketball game is very special because Make-A-Wish partners with us to grant a kids wish and also it’s just a way for the community to get together. As a seniorm it is a tradition for the senior boys to channel their inner Rhythm B. We got to wear tank tops with skirts and fishnets, it couldn’t be a funnier experience. We would come after school to learn from the current Rhythm B’s and we would practice and practice our routine. During halftime, after we would walk out and march in front of the whole gym with hundreds of people there and do our routine. You never know how many people are in the actual gym until you’re in the middle.
3. With this next one there are so many great unforgettable moments: BASEBALL. I have been playing baseball since I was a little kid. This sport has taught me so many lessons on life and the attitude that is necessary to be a succeed in the future. Everything about my high school days of playing baseball has brought me its fair share of obstacles but ultimately it has brought me so many laughs. Just spending time with my teammates whether that is during practice or in the dugout during games. One other thing is that everyone on this team has been playing with or against each other growing up. This creates great team chemistry because we know each other so well. I appreciate every person on this team for always pushing each other and making each other better as well.
4. Football games!!! Friday night lights. I love football games and being apart of the student section. Nothing beats being in the student section your senior year because one, you get to be in the front and second you have the responsibilities of starting the chants. Since the school year is just getting started it’s a great time. Every week you have something to look forward too which is awesome. Just like baseball, football games have brought me so many smiles. It’s always a fun time just screaming loud with all your friends to cheer on your boyz. My favorite moment was when a few of my friends and I painted our chest to spell out “GO BEAVERS!” It was against the rules to do that so before the game we would paint ourselves and try to dry the paint before we went in. We would put shirts on to cover ourselves but right as when the first play started, you bet that the shirts came off. It was a constant struggle to avoid admin because they were on our heads about the whole thing but I don’t regret it at all. Last time I checked a Beaverton student section hasn’t done that before so it was a whole lot of fun!
5. My last memory that I’ll be sharing is PROM! Yes I know, very cliche but it’s true. Prom was the best night in my whole four year at BHS. It topped all other dances I’ve been to. That whole day is full of fun festivities. You gather up with your class at someone’s house to take pictures… Shout out to the Riccis! After taking pictures with your friends, the majority of the people either in a big or small group go out to dinner before the big dance. After the stomachs are full it’s time for the dance. The dance was at the World Trade Center in downtown Portland. I just remember everyone being happy! Everyone was up having a great time with their dates and friends! My favorite part about Prom was the last dance they played was Don’t Stop Believin’! When this song started everyone at the dance made a huge circle and we swayed side to side singing it until the beat dropped and we all rushed in the middle for one last time to dance the night away.
I’m so lucky to have spent the last four years at this school. Thank you to all of the amazing staff members that have helped me to get to where I am and constantly pushing me to be better! These memories couldn’t have been made without you guys! Thank you for making my time at BHS so amazing!